Rather than have my advancing age surprise me, I like to stare it in the face as often as possible. Having recently turned 34 (enviously young to some of you, uncomfortably old to others) I'm already thinking ahead to next year, when I'll be 35 and Ben will be 10. The simple fact is that time goes by at a amazing rate. My philosophy is, Why not just take a deep breath, let it sink in, and then have fun with it!
Top 10 Signs That I'm No Longer Young
10. I had been listening to U2 for three years when The Joshua Tree was released and they became the biggest rock band in the world. That was 17 years ago. [Bonus item: Born in the U.S.A. was released 20 years ago.]
9. A new version of The Bad News Bears is being developed. It will be released near the 30th anniversary of the original.
8. The original iMac was released over six years ago.
7. There are people I've known since the day they were born, who have now had children. I work with people who were born when I was 10 years old.
6. I remember watching the Carter-Reagan debate as a young boy. That was 24 years ago.
5. When an announcer says an athlete is no longer in his prime, he's always the same age or younger than me.
4. When I was a freshmen in college, I took a typewriter to school with me, and no one on my floor had a computer in their room.
3.My favorite athletes when I was growing up (Alan Trammel, Kirk Gibson, Isaiah Thomas, John McEnroe) are now managers, general managers, and talk show hosts.
2. Children are usually part of your home for their first 18 years. My son Ben has already reached the half-way point.
1. Mary-Louise Parker stars in a movie, Saved where she plays the mother of a teenager.